Houdini-Proof Dog Proofer Fence Extension System Kit
Our Dog-Proofer Houdini-Proof Dog Containment System is designed to stop dogs who are jumping and/or climbing existing fences 4' or taller. The key to the system is the unique design of our fence extender arms. The Houdini-Proof arms, made of over 5' of formed 1 3/8" diameter 16 gauge galvanized steel tubing, reach over the fenced area 20" and can be set to raise the fence height as high as 2 additional feet. Two thick steel mounting plates are welded to the lower portion of each arm and the entire arm is finished with a UV stable black powder coating. The arms can attach to most walls and fence types including but not limited to wood, chain link, wire-backed split rail, decorative aluminum/wrought iron, PVC/vinyl fence and masonry walls.
The Heavy Duty Plastic Fencing is a very strong polypropylene with UV inhibitors that will handle a dog jumping into it repeatedly but will not hold up to a dog that will grab and rip at the fence with its teeth. The advantage of this system is the plastic fencing is less expensive and easier to install than the optional heavy gauge welded wire fencing material.
As an upgrade, we also offer are a version with welded wire for more aggressive dogs. It is designed for more aggressive dogs that may attack the fence material with their teeth. The welded wire in this kit is 2" x 2" 16 gauge galvanized steel with a black powder coat finish. The welded wire, although heavier in weight and more difficult to install than the poly mesh option shown here, it is the right product if you are concerned about your dog attacking the fence extension.
If you have a very large and powerful dog you would consider extremely aggressive, a very large enclosure or other special circumstances please contact us by email or call 888-280-4066.
- (1) 4' x 100' Black Fence Roll (Poly or Welded Wire)
- (12) Houdini-Proof Dog Fence Extension Arms
- (2) 120lb Test Heavy Duty Black Zip ties - Bag (100)
*A 50 foot kit comes with exactly half as many components.
Please note: Arms, Fence, Zip Ties and other accessories are available separately. Please order according to your needs. Please call us at 888-280-4066 Mon-Fri 9AM to 5PM ET or email us with any questions.
The arms secure to wood posts with screws or lags, round metal posts (like for chain link) with U-Bolts, and square metal posts with Square U-Bolts. For square wood fence post corners, the Dog Arm Wood Fence Corner Adapters attach to an arm and orients the arm at the proper 45-degree angle for 90-degree corners.
Both fence options are secured to the Dog-Proofer arms with our black UV stable 120lb test Heavy Duty Zip Ties.
Chain Link Fences:
- You will need (2) U-Bolts of the appropriate size for to secure on Houdini-Proof arm to a round chain link post. We sell U-Bolts in sets of (2) so one set of U-Bolts is what you need to secure one arm.
- It is not easy to measure the diameter of round chain link posts due to post caps and top rails blocking access to the top edge of posts. Use a soft tape measure like used for sewing to measure the posts circumference... a circumference of about 5 1/4" = 1 5/8" post, a circumference of about 6" = 2" post, and a circumference of a about 7 5/16" = 2 1/2" post. Usually, chain link fences have bigger posts at corners, end points and gates.
- The tubes for gates are usually a smaller (1 3/8" diameter) tube. Use a 1 5/8" U-Bolt to a gate tube. If you have a single door gate that will open in, you need one arm on both the gate hinge and latch-to posts and an arm on the gate on the latch side. A double door gate opening in would require that both gates have an arm where the gates meet. For outward opening gates, you need one on each gate post and one on each side of the gate. the arms on the gate need to be set higher so that when the gate opens the arms on the gate can pass over the arms on the posts.
Use square U-Bolts to secure the arms to the posts. We sell the most common size of 2". Check your post size. you can also use self-drilling/tapping screws or drill and use bolts. It is likely you will need to use self-drilling/tapping screws or bolts at gates.
- Where possible, attach the arms to the posts with outdoor wood screws or lags. At corners, you may need our Corner Adaptor Kit as the corner arm needs to point at a 45 degree angle.
- Outward opening gates require an arm on both sides of the gate and those arms need to be higher than arms on the gate posts so the arms on the gate can swing over the arms on the posts.
- Inward opening gates require an arm on the gate posts and an arm on the gate on the latch side... Cut the fence between the arm on the latch post and the latch side of the gate and the gate will open.
If you have specific questions, call 888-280-4066 Mon-fri 9AM-5PM ET or email
Share this Product
So far the Dog Proofer has kept the escape artist inside the fence. Can’t ask for more!
I have 3 larger dogs who get very excited when anything passes our yard. I purchased the Houdini-proof dog proofer and couldn't be happier. Now my dogs can play in the yard without worry of jumping the fence to greet the garbage man or people passing. Great product! I would highly recommend it!
Our American Bulldog can clear a 6' fence if she hears a cat. With the dog proofer in place, she ran at the fence the first time, stopped, looked up and had a disgusted look on her face.
We have a yard with wood fence and also with chain link. We have a boxer that we rescued that would leap over the fence like it wasnt there. We tried shock collars, invisible fencing, a couple of weird DIY things and nothing was working. Decided to invest in the system from dog proofer and after taking a few hours to set it up our little guy was done escaping. Been over a month and now he doesnt even try. Just enjoys his outdoor space like we hoped.