Does your dog jump over your existing fence with ease? The Standard Dog Proofer Fence Extension Kit utilizes our straight fence extensions to make your fence up to 3' taller and stops dogs from jumping over existing fencing!
Works on Nearly Any Fence Type
Extend the height of an existing fence of nearly any type including, but not limited to, wood, chainlink, brick/concrete block, and decorative aluminum/wrought iron.
Need an extension that can raise the fence height taller than 3 feet? We can help, please contact us!
Durable, Purpose-Built Components
The Dog Proofer Standard Fence Extensions are made of a single piece of 1 ⅜” diameter, 16 gauge galvanized steel tubing that is finished in a durable black powder coating. Each extension has two mounting plates welded in place that work on any flat fence post, wall, or surface. Using U-bolts, the extensions can also attach to round or square fence posts making them ideal extenders of chainlink fencing and decorative aluminum or wrought iron fences.
See the "Kit Contents" Tab for information on what is included in each kit size.
Mesh Fencing Options
Each kit includes your choice of mesh fencing material of either Durable Poly Mesh or Heavy-Duty Welded Wire Mesh.
Durable Poly Mesh is a fencing material made with a specially formulated thermoplastic polymer formed into a grid that is not only flexible but also very strong. It has a 600lb breaking strength and includes UV inhibitors that make it perfectly suited for outdoors. Poly mesh tends to be easier to install and less costly compared to the welded wire option.
If your dog is aggressive or has a tendency to chew or pull at the fence with their teeth, we offer an upgraded Heavy-Duty Welded Wire Mesh fence option. This is a strong steel fence material that guards against chewing damage. The fence material is made of steel strands formed into a square grid pattern and welded together to create openings that measure 1.7” x 1.7”. The welds are made with ungalvanized steel and the whole mesh sheet is hot-dip galvanized before the black vinyl-coating is applied. This makes for very strong welds and a very durable, long-lasting fence material.
Combine Fencing Solutions
Freestanding DIY Dog Fence can be used to build a new fence line from the ground up and create a standalone enclosure for your dog. But did you know it can work with your existing fence too? Create a barrier across a walkway, use it as a partition to divide a yard or keep dogs separated, or use part of your existing fence to create an enclosure within the yard. Freestanding DIY Dog Fence can even be used alongside a fence extension system!
Gaps in your fence line? Incomplete perimeter fence? Or maybe a shared fence with your neighbor that you can’t modify… Fill in the gaps with our Freestanding DIY Dog Fence!
Dog going over AND under the fence? Consider adding our Dig Proofer system to your setup!
Read more about how you can combine Dog Proofer systems to create a safe outdoor space for your dog, HERE.
|Standard Straight Fence Extension System||50 Foot Kit||100 Foot Kit||150 Foot Kit||200 Foot Kit||250 Foot Kit||300 Foot Kit||350 Foot Kit||400 Foot Kit|
|Straight Standard Fence Extensions||6||12||18||24||30||36||42||48|
|42" 600lbs Break Strength Poly Mesh OR 16 Gauge Welded Wire Mesh||50 Feet||100 Feet||150 Feet||200 Feet||250 Feet||300 Feet||350 Feet||400 Feet|
|UV Rated Ties (bags of 100)||1||1
|Written Installation Instructions||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
3*Fasteners are NOT included due to the wide variety of fence types. Refer to the Installation Tab for more information on selecting the right fastener.
Please note: Arms, Fence, Zip Ties, and other accessories are available separately. Please order according to your needs which may require more or less than the number of components provided in the kits. Contact us if you would like assistance determining what components you will require for your specific application.
Both fence material mesh options are secured to the Dog-Proofer arms with our black UV stable 120lb test Heavy Duty Zip Ties.
Chain Link Fences:
- You will need (2) U-Bolts of the appropriate size for to secure on Houdini-Proof arm to around chain link post. We sell U-Bolts in sets of (2) so one set of U-Bolts is what you need to secure one arm.
- It is not easy to measure the diameter of round chain link posts due to post caps and top rails blocking access to the top edge of posts. Use a soft tape measure like used for sewing to measure the circumference of the post... a circumference of about 5 1/4" = 1 5/8" post, a circumference of about 6" = 2" post, and a circumference of about 7 5/16" = 2 1/2" post. Usually, chain link fences have bigger posts at corners, endpoints, and gates.
- The tubes for gates are usually smaller (1 3/8" diameter) tube. Use a 1 5/8" U-Bolt to a gate tube. If you have a single door gate that will open in, you need one arm on both the gate hinge and latch-to posts and an arm on the gate on the latch side. A double door gate opening in would require that both gates have an arm where the gates meet. For outward opening gates, you need one on each gate post and one on each side of the gate. the arms on the gate need to be set higher so that when the gate opens the arms on the gate can pass over the arms on the posts.
- Plan on ordering 1 additional bag of ties for use at the bottom where the fencing material from our system meets your chain link fence. The two are secured together with 1 tie every 12 inches around the bottom perimeter.
Decorative Aluminum/Steel and Wrought iron Fences:
- Use square U-Bolts to secure the arms to the posts. We sell the most common size of 2". Check your post size. you can also use self-drilling/tapping screws or drill and use bolts. It is likely you will need to use self-drilling/tapping screws or bolts at gates.
- Plan on ordering 1 additional bag of ties for use at the bottom where the fencing material from our system meets your fence. The two are secured together with 1 tie every 12 inches around the bottom perimeter.
- Where possible, attach the arms to the posts with outdoor wood screws or lags. At corners, you may need our Corner Adaptor Kit as the corner arm needs to point at a 45-degree angle.
- Outward opening gates require an arm on both sides of the gate and those arms need to be higher than arms on the gate posts so the arms on the gate can swing over the arms on the posts.
- Inward opening gates require an arm on the gate posts and an arm on the gate on the latch side... Cut the fence between the arm on the latch post and the latch side of the gate and the gate will open.
Secure the arms to the wall with masonry fasteners (4 per arm).
If you have specific questions, call 888-211-0617 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM ET or email
Our dog was happily clearing the fence in our yard. We could see he thought it was pretty funny. We did not share the humor as we need him to be safe from various and sundry animals here in Maine. So we added the extension fence. It took us a couple of hours to install it and it has worked perfectly. We have a safe dog. That's all the counts. Very happy with this product.
Thanks for all your assistance regarding the order and I’m very satisfied with your product. I believe Matt(?) assisted me via numerous calls. With keep you in mind for referrals – our breed Airedale Terrier has a knack for wanting to be on the other side ‘of the fence’!
I could not be happier with this product. Our new dogs were able to easily jump the existing 4' chainlink fence. This was SO much cheaper (and easier) than replacing the exisiting fence with a taller one. I'm not handy at all and I had no problem installing it myself. It's durable and blends right in with the existing fence.
We rescued a great Dog in November but what she really liked were the Rabbits that roam our neighborhood. She was able to hop over our fences to chase after. We bought dogproofer. Its kept me worry free and your dog can no longer escape. Now if only dogproofer can develop something to keep the Rabbits OUT! Thank you
While I had hoped to introduce my dog to the fence extension safely, naturally, she saw a squirrel and launched across the yard and into the extensions. Thankfully she bounced off safely and has not attempted to jump the fence since. I love this product, it has done exactly what I needed it to do!
This is an excellent product, easy install. Highly recommend and keeps my dogs inside the yard.