Though an overwhelmingly large amount of our customers love our products and often purchase from us again and again, occasionally something goes wrong and we are ready to make things right! We truly want you to love your Dog Proofer system! If you are unsatisfied because of an item defect or any other reason, please contact us as soon as possible (preferably within 5 business days) after receiving your order so we can resolve the issue to your satisfaction. Overall we will bend over backward to ensure you are absolutely delighted with your purchase, so let us prove it, and contact us if there is a problem! Our team typically responds within 1-2 business days.
Now, on to the fine print!
Conditions under which a Product may be returned for a refund:
- The Product was purchased within 30 days of purchase.
- The Product is returned in the original packaging and all components of the product are included.
- The Product including all components is in new and unused condition.
- Due to the fact that our items are very large and heavy (therefore costly to ship), if your order shipped without shipping charges (eg. Your order shipped to you for "Free"), we may reduce the refund by the outbound shipping cost (the cost we incurred to ship it to you). All shipping costs are non-refundable.
- Any orders returned without contacting us first will be refunded at our discretion. If you send a return without contacting us and we deem it unable to be credited, we will not re-send it to you. You can have it re-shipped but will be charged accordingly.
- You will be responsible for coordinating and paying for your own shipping costs for returning the items. All shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of shipping the item back to our facility will not be included in your refund.
- Returned orders are subject to a 10% restocking fee.
- You should consider using a trackable shipping service and/or purchasing shipping insurance. We are unable to guarantee that your item will arrive as you intended.
- If the returned merchandise is not in a condition in which it can be resold, it may not be accepted, regardless of whether or not it had been approved over the phone or email. If for some reason the items are not able to be sold as new, further fees may apply in line with the reduced sellable value of the returned item. Also, please note that packages that have been heavily damaged during the return may not able to be accepted for a refund.
- Orders canceled prior to shipment are subject to a 5% processing fee.
Process for a return:
- Call 888-211-0617 or complete the form by clicking the button below to inform the us that you would like to make a return, the reason for your return, and the items you intend to return.
- Please be prepared to provide your order number when contacting our team to initiate a return.
- You will then be given an RMA number, which needs to be clearly written on ALL PACKAGES.
- Once approved, we will send you an email with instructions on how to prepare your items for a return.
- Once the merchandise is received and inspected, the customer will be notified of the return and the amount they will be refunded. Once received, refunds take 10-12 business days to process.
Defective, Damaged, or Missing items
We are always working with our manufacturers and shipping carriers to ensure our products are of the highest quality and that they arrive as expected, free of defects. However, occasionally, errors may occur and we are happy to work with you to make it right!
We recommend opening your package(s) and inspecting your order as soon as it arrives to ensure speedy processing of claims for defective, damaged, or missing items. We are only able to process claims for defective, damaged, or missing items within the time frames outlined below.
If you find that you may have a defective item in your shipment, please submit a claim right away. Please note that we may request photos of the defective parts for further investigation with our manufacturers.
Defective products will be repaired, replaced, or refunded at the discretion of Dog Proofer. If we determine that the item is defective due to a manufacturing defect, we will either (1) work with you on solutions that allow you to use the item (this allows minimal delays in installation when possible); (2) replace the defective items at no cost to you; or (3) in special circumstances the items may qualify for a refund or alternative solution. Faults due to misuse or modification by the customer are not covered by this policy.
In some instances, we may ask that defective items are returned for closer inspection.
Should your items be damaged by the carrier in transit, please submit a claim immediately. In order for us to file a claim with the carrier and send replacements quickly, we may request photos of the damaged package(s) and any items subsequently damaged prior to shipping replacements. Damaged packages and/or items should be reported within 14 days of delivery.
If your shipment was sent via freight on a wooden pallet and arrived with damage, please accept the delivery and note that it arrived “Damaged” on the Bill of Lading or delivery receipt before the driver leaves. Always accept a freight delivery! Refusing the delivery is not recommended. If you refuse a freight delivery for any reason, or miss your scheduled delivery appointment, it will result in significant delays in receiving your order and any additional shipping fees, restocking fees, or other fees incurred for refusal are the responsibility of the customer.
It is important to photograph the pallet prior to unpacking, then to also photograph any damages to items on the pallet. We will collect these photos from you in order to submit a claim with the carrier and quickly provide you with options for repair or replacement parts.
Because our products tend to be quite large and heavy, they are often shipped in several packages. When your order is shipped, you should receive an automated email that contains your tracking information. You can refer to the provided tracking information to determine the total number of packages in your shipment.
Shipments with multiple packages usually tend to arrive on the same day, however, this is not always the case. If your shipment contains multiple packages it is possible that they may arrive over the span of a few days. You can always use the provided tracking information to determine the status of any individual package in the shipment.
If you believe that a package in your shipment has been lost by the carrier, please submit a claim immediately so that we can take the next steps in investigating and recovering the package. After a missing package is reported, most carriers have up to 48 hours to locate a package before we are able to file a claim directly with them and replace any missing packages/shipments. Claims for missing packages cannot be accepted after 21 days from the date of delivery, as specified by tracking.
After your order arrives, we recommend that you open your package(s) and inspect the contents to ensure you received all items denoted on your packing slip and that no items were damaged in transit. If you are unable to locate the packing slip, we are happy to provide you with a copy.
Although exceedingly rare, if you find that you are missing items from your shipment, you can submit a claim. Should we determine that the items were in fact missing, we are only able to provide replacement parts for missing items within 30 days of delivery. Dog Proofer reserves the right to investigate claims of missing items to determine whether a claim warrants a no-cost replacement.
We may request the following in order to investigate and process a claim for missing items:
- Photographs of the package(s) received as well as their contents
- A photograph of your packing slip with notes showing quantities received of each line item
If missing items are reported outside of the standard claims window, Dog Proofer is not responsible for providing no-cost replacements. However, we are happy to work with you on other suitable solutions!