Our Dog-Proofer Houdini-Proof Dog Containment System is designed to stop dogs who are jumping and/or climbing your existing fence that is 4' or taller. The key to the system is the unique patented design of our fence extender arms. The Houdini-Proof arms, made of over 5' of formed 1 3/8" diameter 16 gauge galvanized steel tubing, reach over the fenced area 20" and can be set to raise the fence height as high as 2 additional feet. Two thick steel mounting plates are welded to the lower portion of each arm and the entire arm is finished with a UV stable black powder coating.
Works on nearly all fence types:
The arms can attach to most walls and fence types including but not limited to wood, chain link, wire-backed split rail, decorative aluminum/wrought iron, PVC/vinyl fence and masonry walls.
Included in the kit are either our Heavy Duty Poly Plastic Fencing Material or, as an upgrade, we offer Galvanized and Powdercoated Welded Wire instead.
The Heavy Duty Plastic Fencing is a very strong polypropylene with UV inhibitors that will handle a dog jumping into it repeatedly but will not hold up to a dog that will grab and rip at the fence with its teeth. The advantage of this system is the plastic fencing is less expensive and easier to install than the optional heavy gauge welded wire fencing material.
The Welded Wire for dogs that will test the fence regurlarly with thier claws and/or teeth. In addition the welded wire is considered more durable overall. The welded wire in this kit is 1.75" x 21.75" 16 gauge galvanized steel with a black powder coat finish. The welded wire, although heavier in weight and a bit more difficult to install than the poly mesh option shown here, it is the right product if you are concerned about your dog repeatedly testing the fence extension system.
If you have a very large and powerful dog you would consider extremely aggressive, a very large enclosure or other special circumstances please contact us by email or call 888-211-0617.
See the "Kit Contents" Tab for information on what is included in each kit size.
|Houdini Dog Fence Extension System||50 Foot Kit||100 Foot Kit||150 Foot Kit||200 Foot Kit||250 Foot Kit||300 Foot Kit||350 Foot Kit||400 Foot Kit|
|Curved Houdini Fence Extensions||6||12||18||24||30||36||42||48|
|42" 600lbs Break Strength Poly Mesh OR 16 Gauge Welded Wire Mesh||50 Feet||100 Feet||150 Feet||200 Feet||250 Feet||300 Feet||350 Feet||400 Feet|
|UV Rated Ties (bags of 100)||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|Written Installation Instructions||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
*Fasteners are NOT included due to the wide variety of fence types. Refer to the Installation Tab for more information on selecting the right fastener.
Please note: Arms, Fence, Zip Ties and other accessories are available separately. Please order according to your needs which may require more or less than the amount of components provided in the kits. Contact us if you would like assitance.
Both fence options are secured to the Dog-Proofer arms with our black UV stable 120lb test Heavy Duty Zip Ties.
Chain Link Fences:
- You will need (2) U-Bolts of the appropriate size for to secure on Houdini-Proof arm to a round chain link post. We sell U-Bolts in sets of (2) so one set of U-Bolts is what you need to secure one arm.
- It is not easy to measure the diameter of round chain link posts due to post caps and top rails blocking access to the top edge of posts. Use a soft tape measure like used for sewing to measure the circumference of the post. A circumference of about 5 1/4" = 1 5/8" post, a circumference of about 6" = 2" post, and a circumference of a about 7 5/16" = 2 1/2" post. Usually, chain link fences have bigger posts at corners, endpoints and gates.
- The tubes for gates are usually a smaller (1 3/8" diameter) tube. Use a 1 5/8" U-Bolt to a gate tube. If you have a single door gate that will open in, you need one arm on both the gate hinge and latch-to posts and an arm on the gate on the latch side. A double door gate opening in would require that both gates have an arm where the gates meet. For outward opening gates, you need one on each gate post and one on each side of the gate. the arms on the gate need to be set higher so that when the gate opens the arms on the gate can pass over the arms on the posts.
Use square U-Bolts to secure the arms to the posts. We sell the most common size of 2". Check your post size. you can also use self-drilling/tapping screws or drill and use bolts. It is likely you will need to use self-drilling/tapping screws or bolts at gates.
- Where possible, attach the arms to the posts with outdoor wood screws or lags. At corners, you may need our Corner Adaptor Kit as the corner arm needs to point at a 45-degree angle.
- Outward opening gates require an arm on both sides of the gate and those arms need to be higher than arms on the gate posts so the arms on the gate can swing over the arms on the posts.
- Inward opening gates require an arm on the gate posts and an arm on the gate on the latch side... Cut the fence between the arm on the latch post and the latch side of the gate and the gate will open.
If you have specific questions, call 888-211-0617 Mon-fri 9AM-5PM ET or email
Our American Bulldog can clear a 6' fence if she hears a cat. With the dog proofer in place, she ran at the fence the first time, stopped, looked up and had a disgusted look on her face.
I have 3 larger dogs who get very excited when anything passes our yard. I purchased the Houdini-proof dog proofer and couldn't be happier. Now my dogs can play in the yard without worry of jumping the fence to greet the garbage man or people passing. Great product! I would highly recommend it!
We have a yard with wood fence and also with chain link. We have a boxer that we rescued that would leap over the fence like it wasnt there. We tried shock collars, invisible fencing, a couple of weird DIY things and nothing was working. Decided to invest in the system from dog proofer and after taking a few hours to set it up our little guy was done escaping. Been over a month and now he doesnt even try. Just enjoys his outdoor space like we hoped.
The Houdini Fence literally saved my dog from escaping the yard through fence jumping. I upgraded the fence knowing he would try to bite the fence and that was a smart buy as well. He spent a lot of time trying to jump, bite, and body slam his way through and the fence did it's job spectacularly.
I took videos, it was amazing to see!
I now leave him to come in and out as he wants. I no longer worry about him jumping over the fence, and while he still attempts it once in awhile I know he's safe!
So far the Dog Proofer has kept the escape artist inside the fence. Can’t ask for more!
We are actually promoting this style of fence. Great product!
I love the Houdini-proof extension system. We installed it on our 6’ wooden privacy fence. We adopted a medium sized dog that ended up being a jumper and this was the perfect solution to keep our new baby safe and sound.